SnowmobilesJune 20, 2016
Battery maintenanceJune 21, 2016
Adjust your motorcycle front brake
- Check the front brake hand lever
- Firstly, you need to make sure that you are comfortable with the size, shape and position of your front brake hand lever.
- Sit on your motorcycle and grasp the handlebars then place your finger over the brake lever. In this position, the hand brake lever should rest on the front knuckles of your fingers.
- Locate the span adjustment knob
- Adjust the knob
- On the face of span adjustment knob you will see numbers indicating the span adjustment that can be performed.
- To adjust the span adjustment knob, push the brake lever forward slightly to lift off the master cylinder of the brake from its place.
- Lifting the master cylinder from its place will prevent the brake parts from grinding against each other.
- Check the brake pads
- When adjusting the brake of your motorcycle, do not forget to check the brake pads can weaken the traction of yours brakes so make sure that you check your brake pads regularly.
- To do this, remove the calipers from the rotor by removing the two main bolts that are holding the calipers to the forts of your motorcycle.
- Once the calipers are free from the forks of your motorcycle, slide off brake discs carefully out of the calipers and inspect their padding for signs of wear and tear.
- The padding of your discs should not be less than 1/8 inches in thickness for your front brakes to work perfectly.
- If the brake pads are already worn out, replace the pads and replace them with new ones.
- Replace the clips in its place to lock the pads in. once the pads are securely in their place, slide the disc back inside the caliper.
- Replace the calipers between the forks of your motorcycle.
- Lock the calipers in place tightening the bolts that are holding it.